Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bad Vibes

June 15
7:02 a.m.

Hate Bonnaroo. Hate. Bonnaroo.

It’s so damn ugly. Just these beat-up fields…ugliest setting I’ve seen since JazzFest. Dusty and…just ugly.

I had to walk for a long way to get here. I carried all kids of crap, because I knew I wouldn’t be making the walk more than once.

The sun is already getting to me, and it’s barely up. I guess if I can stay in the tents all day, I’ll be OK. There’s no music here for about 5 hours, but I’m already parked in the shade of the Other Tent. Some big-ass truck just arrived, though, so I’ll probably have to move along. So much for my nap here. Maybe under that tree…but it’s got trash bins right where the good shade is.

Wow. The truck is dropping sawdust. I’d better move along.

And I can’t get wifi YET. Dammit.

A lot of this crankiness is my own doing, not Bonnaroo’s fault. Oh, God, it’d feel so good to decamp, go get a motel room somewhere, drink the rest of that beer….I’m spinning wild plans, like “I could leave this evening and not come back until Sunday for the White Stripes.”

No comments: